March is FINALLY here! It definitely came in like a lion and hopefully will go out like a lamb! Did you hear that Mother Nature?! That means NO MORE SNOW! Now don't get me wrong I love the white stuff just as much as the next person and who wouldn't love a snow day off from school right. HOWEVER, Since February 13th we have only gone to school for one full day! I'm not even sure I know what my students look like anymore and they have probably grown an entire foot since I've seen them. Well maybe not, but seriously, it's time to get my teach on! I struggle with long breaks off of work. I always have to be teaching. I teach Saturday school now (which I haven't been to), summer school, and I tutor year round. So it's time for me to get the lead out and get back to doing what I do best, teaching the babies! Any who it's time to link up with Farley for the March currently! So here goes...
I loved my Snowcation but as you read above, I have been out of the classroom for way too long. I miss my students and I'm ready to get back to work!
I definitely should be working on my lesson plans right now but my creative juices are not flowing. I'm waiting for some super inspired lesson to pop into my head so in the mean time, I've been on IG, texting my college besties, watching college basketball, cooking, reading, giving my student teacher feedback on her lessons for the coming week, giving my dog a bath, updating my store banner on Teachers Pay Teachers, and everything else EXCEPT my own lesson plans! I promise to get down to business as soon as I finish this. I PROMISE!
I desperately wanting it to be summer! I need the sun on my face, flip flops on my feet, outdoor concerts, and an ocean breeze. I LOVE summer time! Since we still have another 3 months or so until simmer, my friend and I are going to find something close to summer for spring break. We are heading to Florida to visit a friend who used to work with us but moved to be closer to her family. We visit her whenever we can. No matter how many miles are between us we will always be The Dream Team!


I'm jealous of your plans! It's sunny here but no ocean. How do you teach so much and not get burnt out? I really want your secret. I should try classical music. Parenthood on Netflix is working so far, but it's good to have options. Happy spring to you. I hope the weather clears soon.
ReplyDeleteEveryone asks me how to keep from getting burnt out.Lol, the simple answer is I love what I do, but no one whats to hear that so here are the secrets up my sleeve. 1 - I learned to stop brining work home. I grade and lesson plan at school during my planning time or before school, no school work for me on the weekends! I try to maintain and stick to a schedule. 2 - When I teach things like Saturday school and Summer School I request a grade other than the one I am currently teaching so it feels like a something new. I love teaching teaching kinder - 2nd grade. Also of the 4 kids I tutor, none of them are 3rd graders. I have a 1st, 2nd, 5th, and 6th grader currently for tutoring and they are a joy to work with. I have fun with them.
DeleteI hope the weather clears soon too! I don't want to hear another thing about snow in the forecast! :)
I can't believe how many snow days you have had! Will you have to make them all up? Good luck getting back into the swing of things! ;)
ReplyDeleteKatie
Inquiring Our Way Through First Grade
We are turning 3 student 1/2 days into full school days to make up the snow days. That's fine with me because teachers had to stay for full days on those days anyway so why not teach :)
DeleteI should try classical music as well. That sounds like a good way to relax.
ReplyDeleteArtistry of Education