Image Map

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Work It Wednesday

Hey ya'll! I'm linking up with Katie from Queen of the First Grade Jungle for another Work it Wednesday.


I must say I'm pretty proud of myself for staying consistent with my workouts. It's actually harder for me to do this when school is out. During the school year I know I have to get a workout in before school and only a certain amount of time to do it so I'm usually out of my bed and in the gym in a flash. No school means way too much time to procrastinate in the morning before actually working out but I am getting it done.

I have a gym in my building. Actually it is right below me, so there is really NO EXCUSE to not get a workout in. I like to start with the treadmill because while I'm warming up or cooling down I have a few minutes to read grown up books on my kindle :) I like to get as close as possible to meeting my daily step goal on my FitBit to start my day. I'll come back to the FitBit.



I like to mix it up and I know its important to have weight training in my workout so when I want to get a quick workout in I love doing my Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD. Believe me, I work up a good sweat with this. I recommend this to anyone who wants to ease into adding weights into their routine.


It's been SUPER hot and humid in Virginia so I have had to do most of my workouts indoors this week. I even made time to go to Zumba this week. 

I was really foolish earlier in the week. I didn't get a workout in before I went to tutor so I decided to go for a trail run at NOON! Now that might not have been so bad if I had done my usual 2 mile circuit but silly me decided to do the entire 5 mile trail when the temperature was nearly 100 degrees and very humid. I just wanted to work up a good sweat. At one point I started to wonder how dirty the water in the lake actually was because I was SO THIRSTY!

I DO NOT recommend doing this when it's that hot out but I was happy to sweat and I was proud of myself for getting a workout in. I even go to meet the goose in the bottom picture :)


I am a super competitive person so buying a FitBit a few months back was genius! A few other teachers at my school also have FitBits so we challenge one another regularly with Weekend Warrior Challenges and Workweek Hustle Challenges. I won't brag but I will say I have come out on top of each challenge we have taken. :) While I can be a gracious loser, I hate losing so I do whatever ut takes not to lose.



Besides winning a challenge, I love that we can use the FitBits to motivate one another to get up and get moving.  I am blessed to be surrounded by coworkers and friends with their own fitness goals to help keep me accountable.

How are you staying accountable and who motivates you? Link up and share how you're working it!




No comments:

Post a Comment